Monday, May 11, 2015

Franconia sculpture park


Yesterday we took a little excursion out to Franconia Sculpture Park with Steve's brother Adam and girlfriend Ari who were in town visiting us. I haven't been there in probably 15+ years since my friend Elissa and I stopped there on the way to her cabin in Michigan. Needless to say, the place has expanded a ton since I was last there. I thought Ari would like it a lot because her dad is a metal sculptor and does his art on a big scale. We all really enjoyed ourselves, it is a great place to bring kids. 

It is open 365 days of the year from dawn until dusk and is 43 acres. Forty artists come and work there each year (for a year) from all around the world.
Smash car.

 Lizard lounge.

 This was probably my favorite sculpture because it was like a bizarre club house for kids. Swings on the bottom, slides coming off of it, picnic tables inside of it. Just wacky and awesome.




 Another wacky club house art piece. Love the colors.







 Eloise: Up! Up! Up!!

No comments: