Tuesday, July 08, 2014

WI dells weekend

The last weekend in June my close friends and I went to the Wisconsin Dells for a weekend away. We met there because our friend Emily lives in Chicago so it was kind of a halfway point. The other four of us carpooled from Minneapolis. We stayed at the Wilderness, which is a water park resort basically for families, but it wasn't as bad as it sounds! We even enjoyed the lazy river on Saturday afternoon which was some great people watching and then hit the outlet malls.

Its been a long time since I have really been to the Dells, like maybe 5th grade. It has changed a lot, it felt a lot like Las Vegas or something. 

A sunset walk next to Lake Delton.

(me, Erin, Emily, Kristen, Ginny) 

We packed the weekend full of activities. We went for a hike in Mirror Lake State Park. It was pretty, but you could almost always hear the sounds of vehicles from I-94, which wasn't exactly peaceful.

Random cement tepee in the park.

 
I found this when I got home. It was from when my girl scout troop went to the Dells maybe the summer after 3rd grade. Emily is the only one from this trip that was also with me the other weekend, she's on the far left and I'm in the back.

No comments: