Friday, February 21, 2014

Spud the sheep

 I have finally gotten around to knitting something from the book Spud and Chloe at the Farm that I have had for over a year. This is a modified Spud since I had black yarn and it called for tan. The twists in his coat were quite tedious, but you kind of get into the groove of making them and they look quite adorable. My favorite put is the bow tie!
 

 Here's how I kind of put the whole thing together. You make all the pieces separately and then stitch them together. I put knitting needles in everything and mock it up so everything is symmetrical. Then I whipstitch them with the needles still in so things don't move and then get out of place.

After I am done making the sheep, Harriet brings this toy over to show me how similar they are. So, ummmm, fraternal twins?

2 comments:

laehmc said...

love these...and the vaca. posts too!

Oona Vedder said...

You are awesome!