Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Two of a kind

This post has taken a while for me to compile. I kind of keep forgetting. Anyways, when I knit I usually make two of the same thing if I like it. I always feel like I have learned something from making the first one and I can make the second one better.  I made this reversible dress on the left first and was definitely able to make the second one better. The brioche stitch was rather difficult at first, but I was able to perfect it. I made the second one on the bus in Ireland and then took these pictures right afterwards (back in April) so they are a little old. The dress is 3T so it will be a bit before it fits her.

Here are two of the in threes cardigan that I found the patter for on Ravelry. I really liked the pattern a lot and I made them in two different sizes. The colors of these two don't quite look right, but you get the idea.

Here's a little sweater with a capped sleeve,  I also found the pattern on Ravelry (the greatest knitting resource ever). The one of the left was the second one I made and I like it a lot better because the yarn seems to have worked out better for the style, I love the color and the yarn is swishy and soft. I love the way the ribbed neck looks.

Ok, so I only have one of these, but I didn't want to do a separate post about it. A baby swaddle sack that was a present for our friend's baby Thomas. Modeled here by Steve's old cabbage patch kid he fashioned with a mohawk.

No comments: