Sunday, April 01, 2012

Secure circles

So we have always intended to get a security door in the back door, but could never find one that we liked. At my parents insistence, we decided to finally do it. A late holiday present.

First we got one from home depot and took one look at its poor quality when it arrived and returned it. Steve found a family-owned iron company in Savage called Anchor. So we decided that I should design one. It took me all of about 5 minutes and we are pretty happy with how it turned out. I wanted something that felt open and didn't look like a jail, but was still able to deter miscreants. Also something that looked contemporary, but wouldn't look dated in a year. I guess time will tell if I succeeded.

Here is the sketch I sent to the wrought iron company. I'd say they did a pretty great job!

4 comments:

laehmc said...

love the dot effect and that it will be security for you all!

Kristen said...

Love it. Nice work!

Becca said...

Leave it to Christina to design a security door! This is awesome. Cool find on the custom iron shop!

Laura said...

looks great! nice job!