Saturday, April 14, 2012

Herringbone cowl

A few months ago I took a leap of faith and showed up for a knitting group after seeing a sign for it in the locker room of the Y. Turns out the 'group' was just one sweet woman and I was the only one who responded to the sign and showed up. Since then, we have been knitting together almost every Thursday night. We now are a group of three pretty regularly, so hopefully it will continue to grow as time goes on, but if it doesn't that's fine.

The group has inspired me to challenge myself and do some new knitting projects. This herringbone cowl is one of them. Although I rarely ever make anything for myself, I think I am going to keep this one. I used the yarn recommended in the pattern and the alpaca feels glorious. Also the thing is warm. The pattern was a bit tricky to figure out at first and also slow going, but once you figure it out, it wasn't hard. I ended up enjoying knitting it and love the finished product! It's a beautiful stitch.

Hand added for scale. Although all the yarn said it was from the same dye lot you can tell that it is a bit striped. Oh well, not a dealbreaker.

 A reluctant model showing it in use, although I probably won't wear it over my head. 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks great. Nice work!

Laura said...

nice job! that's super cute.

PPoppy said...

Hey Christina :D Ahah nice to see your blog ! I'll browse it right away !
I translated you the banana bread : http://poppycooking.blogspot.com/2012/04/banana-bread-out-of-nowhere.html