Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lately

Here are a few things that I have made lately. This summer was a bit unproductive craft-wise, but colder days and more indoor time is upon us. The necklace on right was inspired by african necklaces, with their many stands and bright colors. As for the one on the left, I got the pendant at the Detriot Lakes flea market (my only purchase this year) and had to work hard for it. I picked through many small bags of jewelry to find this. I like how giant it is and also the bold yellow and black. The lady claimed it was sterling silver and I had a good laugh at that.

I have knit countless hats for countless babies, but none for Harriet. So here it is, her first homemade hat from me. The first of many, I'm sure. It's an eggplant, although at this angle it looks a bit like a grape.

Here are some new pillows for the family room (although I didn't make the striped one, it's from Ikea). We have had the same two ugly pillows on this couch for years and it was time to recover them and add some new ones. All have zippers for easy cleaning. It's a very informal room so I didn't really worry about matching them too closely. They have mostly been used for making forts lately.

2 comments:

laehmc said...

i love the hat....mine from you is wear as use it all the time...cover to have a blueberry or raspbery or pea hat! ha...really, love your hats as my head is small and yours is the only one that really fits me and love it so.

harriet is so lucky to have such a talented mommmy!

Laura said...

Yay! Love it all!