Sunday, March 06, 2011

Homemade creme eggs!

Perhaps you are wondering why would I try to replicate perfection when Cadbury already makes a mean creme egg? I guess the answer is curiosity. I came across this recipe and decided to give it a go. I got a mold at the Kitchen Window, but they only had one so I could only make half eggs. A full sized egg would have been a bit unmanageable to eat.

They didn't take too long to make and they are quite delicious. I didn't make the yellow yolk because it seemed silly since it's just for looks.

Next time I would probably make about half the creme than the recipe calls for since I have a ton leftover. Also I would put about a half cup less sugar which would make it a little creamier, but all and all-- success!

1 comment:

laehmc said...

-m-m-m any left....do they travel? hint hint!