Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Upcycling

This weekend I cleaned out my closet and dresser drawers in an effort to pare down. I found a couple things that I thought could have a new life as something else. I have always liked the design of this shirt, but never really liked the way it fit. I have been making a t-shirt quilt for our friend Jonny's high school graduation and got the idea that I could take this shirt and make it into something else. So here it is, a 12x12 pillow with a dark grey felt back.

In my cleaning, I found a bunch of longer socks that I didn't really enjoy wearing. Harriet received some leg warmers for Christmas and it seemed like an easy thing to make, which it was. Just chopped them off at the ankle, sewed that end and done. It was so easy that I made 3 pairs in under a half hour. Some little baby seemed to enjoy them.

1 comment:

laehmc said...

love these ideas and the usefulness of them!