Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baby's first trip to Milwaukee

Last Friday we crossed into WI around noon on our way to Milwaukee. After a long ride we stopped in Wauwatosa to see Christina's college roommate Meagan and her husband Rodney. We toured their super cute house while they looked at our super cute baby.

Meagan and Rodney had a few presents for Harriet including a stuffed alien.

We reached my folks' place after 10PM and thus we had begun one of the busiest weekends we've had since Harriet was born. Saturday we attended the wedding of my college roommate Aaron. Harriet slept the entire ceremony then we jumped in the car and quickly traveled to my family's congregation where our rabbi had agreed to fit in a Simchat Bat/Brit Bat. This is basically a Jewish baby naming for a girl. It was very generous of our rabbi to do this because it just happened to be Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the year. Our friend Emily was with us so she took photos. My parents and little brother Adam were in attendance as well. Harriet's hebrew name is Chava, which means life! It was wonderful to start celebrating Jewish traditions with my daughter and family!

My parents and brother took Harriet for the evening and we continued on to the wedding reception in downtown Milwaukee. We were happy to celebrate with Liz and Aaron and see a bunch of my old college friend.

Sunday we watched a bit of the Packers vs Bills game while helping my mom prepare for an open house. For a few hours in the afternoon about 60+ people came over to say hello, meet Harriet, and, for some, meet Christina. It was great to see so may of my parents' close friends and family. Below are pictures of my friends who came to the party.

Amanda, Eddie & Michelle, Chrissy

The Conteh-Morgan Family

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Yeah! We made the blog! :) Thanks for visiting! It was so nice to see you crazy kids and to meet Harriet... she's such a cutie pie! Can't wait to see you again.... hopefully sometime soon! :)