Tuesday, December 01, 2009


LAMBEAU!

I found out the 49ers had not sold all the tickets the Packers allotted them for the Sunday November 22nd game three days prior. Since I hadn't been to Green Bay for a game in almost seven years I felt compelled to make it work. I purchased two tickets (at face value, which I didn't think was even possible these days) and began to make travel plans. Once I knew Christina would not be joining me (subconsciously I think she cut off the tip of a finger at work Friday to have an excuse) I pulled the trigger on R/T flights into and out of Milwaukee. Saturday I landed in Milwaukee around noon after a one hour flight. My brother Adam picked me up and we immediately grabbed our friend Kes for lunch. In under two hours from when I left Minneapolis, I was sitting outside Sobleman's having a beer and burger. To keep the WI sports weekend theme, we stayed in Saturday night and watched the Bucks with friends.

Early Sunday we had a bowl of Packer Blitz cereal and prepared for the drive to Green Bay. Adam's friend Greg and his younger brother Tom came along.

Greg and Tom had friends tailgating (with a great view) who graciously shared some bratwurst and started off a wonderful afternoon of football.

Somehow I resisted the urge to buy any of this crap.

The game was wonderful. 57 degrees on the third week of November, in the sun, WOW! Great view! Great Packer victory! I'd say Adam would agree.

Until next time, Packer nation.

1 comment:

Heather said...

The cheesehead Winnie the Pooh is hilarious!