Sunday, July 19, 2009

Garden Spoon Labels

Got this idea from design sponge (I think). Kristen gave me the old silver spoons (from thrift store) and ball peen hammer for my birthday and I bought a bench block at a local bead store. I had the metal stampers already from a metalsmithing class i took a few years ago. I smashed down the spoons on the bench block (which was a bit of work) and then pounded in the herb and plant names. I still need to patina them, but got so excited about them I skipped that step and put them in the garden.

All the finished pounded spoons.

Before. Not sure why I added this since we've all seen spoons before.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Fabulous idea!! They are gorgeous, Christina! Your garden looks beautiful - so lush (and pest free?). You guys ought to feel some deep pride for the extreme makeover you've given your yard in just a few months' time. Would love to see it in person!