Sunday, February 01, 2009

Luminary Loppet

Kristen and I skied the luminary loppet again this year, but this time I decided to lug around my tripod and digital SLR camera. Although it was somewhat cumbersome, it was worth it! It was really exciting to take tons of time lapse night shots. All the skiers had green, blue and red glow sticks which added interesting lines to the shots. Also there were some hippies twirling their fire sticks and fire hula hoops at one location, which were a dream come true to photograph. Here are a few of the pictures I took. Also it looks like there was no one skiing, but there were tons of people-- if they didn't stand still for the exposure, then they didn't show up. Some of the photos look better when you click on them because you can see the details.

We jumped in the shot on this one. Kristen is on the left, and I am on the right, looking somewhat ghost-like.





No comments: